Friday 7 September 2007

Meet Emma Pierson

Emma Pierson Chess Player and Great Writer

Meet Emma Pierson:

I am 16 years old and have been playing chess since I was 7. I love words, competitions of all kinds, being outside, and sarcasm. My friends think I'm cynical; I think I'm idealistic. I live in Virginia, USA; I love our country but not our president.


Emma's a very decent chess player, and an excellent writer. Two weeks ago she sent me an essay she'd written:

I recently wrote an essay about my experiences playing chess -- not just about the game itself, but about the unusual social environment it creates, and why it does not attract more girls.


We are going to serialise it in 3 parts, starting today, on Chess Tales.

No comments:

Presentation

Chess Tales uses Picasa, part of Google Pack, for photos and images:

Find a sponsor for your web site. Get paid for your great content. shareasale.com.

Creative Commons License
Chess Tales by Roger Coathup: A collection of online articles about chess and chess players.